Tuesday, May 4, 2010

God's Paintbrush

The wild flowers this year in Texas are the prettiest they have been in the 4 years we have lived here.
Yesterday the kids had off from school and since Brandon, Analeigh and I have been stuck at home for about 2 weeks my friend Donna suggested we go on a trip to Fredericksburg, TX for the day.

It was a wonderful trip overall just not what I had planned.  The total trip was 3 hours each way on the way up close to Mason, TX for about 20 miles or more we saw the most beautiful wildflowers.  It looked like God had taken a paint brush and painted the sides of the highway with multiple colors of the rainbow.  It was just beautiful and so I had to stop the car and get the kids out and take a few photos.  Glad I did that because after we arrived Analeigh got a belly ache and we ended up only getting to stay for 1 1/2 hours and turning around to drive home another 3 hours with her crying for half that trip.  I was so stressed by the time we got home my shoulders hurt, my head hurt, my stomach hurt (happens whenever I am stressed out) and I felt terrible that the kids and my friend Donna basically rode 6 hours in the car for nothing more than flower photos and pumpernickel bread! lol

                                                                      
                                       

Me and My Friend Donna (such a blessing)

Oh well, the best laid plans of man-I hate dislike it strongly when I have this great plan and it doesn't go near as well I planned it would-I was sad and bummed at how the day had gone.  It carried over into today I think because all day I have had one of those days where nothing really has gone wrong-but everything seems wrong-where I want to go back to bed and start the day over a different way.  Where I feel like I have done nothing right, where I second guess everything I am currently doing, like with schooling our kids or not, with quitting my job or not. From not being the mom and wife I thought I would be, the friend or employee I thought or want to be, to being a more obedient child of God-the list just seemed to go on all day and I ended up in tears while driving to Wal-mart for some odds and ends.
Crazy-I know.  Just how I am wired I guess.  Anyways I am home now-not crying for the moment and decided I would share some of my photos.

Hoping and praying tomorrow is a better day-just pray for clarity for me-I am debating being able to keep working and home schooling Alyssa next year and having Analeigh home and yet needing the money-lots of things I feel like are up in the air and my heart is heavy over it all tonight.  I am trying to rest and be quiet and let God speak to me (not easy if you know me-my mouth and mind are always going) I want to know with out a doubt I am doing and seeking God's will for my life-and the lives of my family.

On this pathway-
Jill

4 comments:

cooperkelly4 said...

wow! You aren't kidding about those flowers. Gorgeous! Hope you are feeling better tomorrow. =0)

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Those flowers are absolutely stunning. We do NOT have flowers like that here in Minnesota. I was amazed at their beauty.

Blessings to you.

Rachel

BARBIE said...

Praying for you my friend. These pictures are beautiful!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

So love the pictures...I have been aching to go to Fredricksburg lately, haven't been in 10 years, and it is one of my happy places.
Sorry it didn't turn out the way you planned...but you will love the pictures through the years. My children still recall some of our pictures of them in wildflowers near there...years later. Those will be the memories you will remember, not the disappointments.

I will be praying for you as you seek God's face and He reveals to you what you should do in the future.

Blessings,
Janette