Monday, March 29, 2010

Simplifying for Sanity #3

Well, I did do my dining room, but since all we do is eat in our dining room the only thing that get messy most of the time is the table and chairs.  So, I did scrap off all the maple syrup and other sticky things from the table top after breakfast this morning, and I did take the chairs and I tried to clear all the grimy hands prints and jelly and things that were crusted on them off as well and cleaned them really well.  Then I changed the table to go a different direction and I swept the rug and mopped the floors and dusted but it really only took a little bit over 1 1/2 hours so I included my other big project which was my one son's closets and the boy's bedroom that I tackled this weekend as well.  I was tired of stepping over the pile of clothes I had created when I started it last week and ran out of steam-so here we go with the photos.
The Dining Room/Second Living Room Before



The Dining Room After


See the clean shine to the table now going a different direction! lol

Over all cleaner-no more sticky prints (at least till dinner)


My Brandon's Closet Before



Brandon's Closet After

The Boys Toy Shelf Before



The Boys Toy Shelf After



We will see how long it stays that way! lol  Never too long with my boys, oh well-it is nice while it lasts anyway.   Happy Simplifying To All!

Jill Jones
Pathway to Purpose

6 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Looks great!! I never thought of wiping down the chairs... must do that too. :)

Everything looks great!

Shana Putnam said...

Came over from Lynette's and I think you did an awesome job. I like your dining room that way too. Love the dinosaur pic in your boy's room too.

Unknown said...

Thanks girls-my husband is an artist and he painted murals for the girls room when they were babies-it is Noah's Ark and this for the boys room which is a Dinosaur theme. I love it too.
Tanya-my chairs should really get wiped down daily-my two year old loves to grab the bars on the back of the chairs when her hands are all icky. There was lots to wipe off! lol

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

I love your home! It's beautiful! Plus, you decorate a lot like I do :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Great job with your simplifying!

I think I'm going to join this next week. I love, love, love cleaning and organizing!

Blessings,

Rachel

Unknown said...

Amazing! Great job!!!!

I LOVE that cabinet in your dining room!! Can I have it? :)

Closet and bedroom are great! That dinosaur picture on the wall is awesome! My boys would love that! Can I have that too? hee hee I'm so (not) funny huh?

Getting slap happy. I guess I'll go to bed.
Love,
Lynnette