Thursday, February 24, 2011

God's Joy!

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy;  He will rest in His love,  He will joy over thee with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17


It is hard for me to apply this verse to myself.  I know that the Lord is mighty and that He saves.  However, the idea of Him being joyful and rejoicing over me is more than I can comprehend.


When I put this in the perspective of my children, though, I get a glimmer of understanding.
I look at them and I am filled with joy.

 love to watch them discover new things...  



 and how they change and grow each day


 They are a delight to me, even when they make mistakes.

This is what YOU want me to see.  I am Your child, and You delight in me even when I fall.  You pick me up, give me a hug, and encourage me to try again.

THANK YOU FOR REJOICING OVER ME!

Humbly On this Pathway-
Jill

2 comments:

BARBIE said...

This is one of my favorite scriptures. I too have a hard time comprehending that the Lord rejoices over me with singing. And you, my dear, are so worthy of Him rejoicing over you! You are the delight of the Father's heart!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Amen...I think that is the greatest part of having children is we start to comprehend in a very small way the love of the Father

Enjoy those little ones...spring is on its way and your son will be checked again...I will be praying that all goes well on that checkup and there is complete healing