Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back From our Corpus Christi Vacation

While mom and dad were still here (they are for 4 more days) we decided about a week and a half ago to take a vacation for a week to the beach at Corpus Christi.   It was beautiful-the weather was great and we had a much needed time or rest and relaxation.  I didn't realize how much I really needed it (after the last few months and all that had happened) until we stepped foot out on the beach. It was wonderful.  These are photos I took of the view we had from on condo.  It was just a few yards from the beach.


When we first arrived at the beach.  Look at all those shoes-we could start a shoe store! lol

The Lexington was just yards from where we stayed too-the boys went with Mike and Dad and Alyssa to tour it one day.


Just random photos from different days we were at the beach.
We had beautiful weather and the beach was fun-but there were lots of jelly fish-more than I had ever seen at the beach before-we also caught 5 crabs-we bought a tank to keep them in but only 2 of the 5 made it so we let them go before we left.
It rained one morning when we were there for a few hours so we went to the Texas Aquarium. We got to see dolphins up close and personal and that was so much fun.

On our final day I made everyone dress up in white to take family photos.  I am still learning to use my new 35 mm so they are a little bright but they came out well and nothing that a little photo shop can't fix!


Our crazy shot-I had the timer set and it didn't go off till I started walking toward the camera-so I ran back and we all went crazy and here is what you get! 

The sunsets were just beautiful-it was a great family vacation, but I am glad to be back home now too.  I am so blessed and whenever I go away and come home again I realize just how blessed I am and how good it is to be home too.  I know we are where we are supposed to be when we come home from being away and I am glad to be home and happy, and feeling even more blessed than before I left.

5 comments:

cooperkelly4 said...

Yay! beautiful photos of such sweet memories! We had our family together (3 years ago) on the beach and we all had white shirts and jeans (all 17 of us!!!) Love your new family photo and I am so glad you had such a great time. =0)

Dogmom Diva said...

Oh what a wonderful vacation and building memories to last a lifetime.. Pictures are great, I think I see a family Christmas picture in there somewhere:)

Blessings,
Barb

Unknown said...

Kelly-
Thanks so much-we had a really great time. I am glad to be home in my 3000 square foot home though cause there were 8 of us in a two room plus bathroom condo for a week-space was a little tight and I think we were all glad to get back to 3 bathrooms(that was the hardest part-lol!)
I can't imagine 17 people on the beach trying to get a photo-it was hard enough with 8-I think all the people there thought we were Mormon-lol.
How are you all doing? Gearing up for home school?
I am getting things ready for Alyssa-hoping that we have all we need to get started.
Hope you have a great day.

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

That looks like an amazingly fun time!!! What precious pics!!! So glad your home! I've missed you too :) Oh and I LOVE your new header!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

These are just awesome! I haven't been to CC in years...so miss it. We use to take the kids and I grew up going there.
The pictures are great...what a fun time!!!
Your new blog design looks great also.
Blessings