Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Stairs


I had someone send this to me via e-mail and I 
wanted to share it-I thought
 it was really good-hope it touches you too.
 







The Stairs 
=========== 
This morning I stood at the top of the stairs to our basement and watched my two-year-old son journey down the stairs. He was on his way to catch his mother. He was afraid his mother would leave without him and head for his school. I desperately wanted to take him by the hand and walk him down the stairs. But I knew that if I never let him do it on his own, he would always depend on the balancing power of his father's hand. Instead, I simply stayed close behind ready to move in an instant if he appeared to fall. With his little legs and fragile sense of balance, he could not just walk down the stairs like an adult could. He sat down on his bottom and scooted down the first step. Then he scooted down the second step. By this time, his mother had made it to the garage to load the other two kids. As I watched him scoot step by step, I was reminded of the  steps all of us have to take in life. Just like my son, we have to take one step at a time. We step at the rate and posture where we can maintain our balance, until we reach the end of the stairs. If we move too fast or maintain too lofty of a posture, we will tumble down the stairs. If we move too slow or stop moving altogether, we could get left behind or hold up the kid behind us. Looking at all of the stairs at one time looks scary, focusing on one step at a time and conquering that step is not so scary. My two-year-old like many adults, did not know the  father stood behind him lest he fall, nor did he realize  that his mother would have waited for him to arrive. Even though you are older than two, how are you moving  along your stairs of life? ~A MountainWings Original by James Bronner~

2 comments:

BARBIE said...

Ahhh, this was so good. Thank you for sharing. Lately, it's been full steam ahead, but I've realized I left the station without the Conductor on the train. It's time to back up! Blessings to you!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yes and such a good reminder always.
Janette