Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lifting Up My Children Through Prayer


Lifting My Children
               Through Prayer~
---
Lord, thank you for my children.  I ask your will for them in these things according to your Word.
---

Early in life, fill my children with love for you, that they would love you “with all (their) heart and with all (their) soul and all (their) mind.”  (Matthew 22:37-40)
---
Train my children, to love deeply, sincerely, and sacrificially, seeing and loving others as you do. (1 Peter 1:22- 1 John 3:16)  Empower me to daily model your love and compassion to them.
---
Give my children, love for your Word.  Allow them to know and understand it, and to follow it wholeheartedly. ( Psalm 1:1-3)
---
Fill them, “with the knowledge of  (your) will in spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of (you) fully pleasing to (you) bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.”  ( 1 Colossians 1:9-10  Psalm 90-17  James 1:5)
---
Compel them, to pray continually (1Thessalonians 5:17) so that they will live and walk by your Spirit (1 Galatians 5:25)  Help them to listen to you as Samuel did.  (1 Samuel 3:10)
---
Help me, to train my children according to the unique way you’ve designed each one. (Proverbs 22:6  1 Corinthians 12:4-7  Ephesians 2:10)
---
Enable me, to commit them to your loving care and control rather than worry about them. (1 Philippians 4:6  1 Peter 5:7)

1 comment:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yes and Amen...totally agree. I came to this post one time and it didn't show anything.
Prayer...it changes the world and us!