Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tag! You're it

My first bloggy tag! Margie over at Dustbunnies and Divas  tagged me for this fun-ABC-get-to-know-you-thingy. She has a great blog, ya'll. She tells the funniest stories. So here you go - more information than you ever wanted to know about me, delivered nicely on a shiny silver platter.



A - Age: 39-I too do not feel like that (except when I have sick little ones at home and haven't slept in a week like this week)  I have finally reached the age where I honestly do forget at times and don't want others to know how old I am.


B - Bed size: Queen. We've  have always had a queen and it amazes me how both of us plus a child or the dog and cat can all sleep in there at once! lol


C - Chore you hate:  Mopping. Lots of tile in our house we are in now-I like tile but almost all of this house has tile-lots to mop-doesn't stay clean long enough for my taste and it takes a good two hours to do-it is also something that my family can't really help with and I have to do during nap time so no one falls and gets hurt so that usually means I am doing it late at night when I would rather be sleeping.

D - Dog's name: Dollie and Zippy.  Both were pound dogs and had their names already.

E - Essential start your day item:  Mine would be two things-making the bed is the first thing I do when I get out of it and the kitchen sink-I usually won't go to bed without it being done cause I hate to get up to a dirty kitchen but sometimes I can't stay up to wait for the dishwasher to finish so I have to do that first thing when I get up.

F - Favorite color: Purple-just love it always have and when I wear it on occasion cause I don't find much in purple that I like-people always say it is a good color on me.

G - Gold or Silver: Both, I used to be gold only have now switched to more silver so I like and wear both.

H - Height: 5'9 (Just thankful you didn't ask weight lol)

I - I am: blessed beyond what I could ever deserve-I have a wonderful husband, four beautiful, healthy, (well most of the time-I mean major health issues) children, a nice home, a great family and friends, a wonderful church family, great part-time job and much, much more!  Most of all I have a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior and I could not survive my daily life without that.

J - Job: Mom, wife and a part time 20 hours a week as a Children's Choir Coordinator at FBC Abilene.

K - Kids:  2 daughters and 2 sons here with me and 2 babies in Heaven with their Nana Jones and their Heavenly Daddy, Jesus.

L - Living arrangements:  One story ranch home with my hubby, 4 kids, 2 dogs and a cat.

M - Mom's name: Penelope (aka-Penny)

N - Nicknames:  I really never had any except dad called me Tiger (don't know why) and my gym teacher called me Jilly Bean and some other people as an adult have done that.  Of course growing up with a sister named Jacqueline we hear a lot of Jack and Jill went up the hill-always like it was the funniest thing ever and that we had never heard that before.

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth:   Me never- only time I was at the hospital was to have my babies, have a DNC and to have vericose vein surgery and they were all one day.  We stayed the night when Alyssa drowned and was brought back to life and had to spend the night with her-something I never want to experience ever again.


P - Pet Peeve: I have to agree with Margie on this one. My family leaving things laying wherever they last used them. Especially when I've really worked at cleaning up. It's such a battle for me. Either my house is a mess and I'm stressed out from it, or I've just cleaned it and I'm Martyr Mommy on a roll. I'm definitely working on keeping my joy when I feel as if I'm picking up the same toy for the 20th time in a day.  Also being late somewhere-I am an early getting there kind of girl.

Q - Quote from a movie:  I love to watch them but I never remember quotes from them-from a TV show the other day though was a mom telling another mom who was having a baby "There are days you will be very lonely-but you will never be alone!"  I had to laugh at that one cause I don't even go potty by myself.

R - Right or left handed: Right.

S - Siblings: One sister-I am the baby

T - Time you wake up: Almost every day 6:30-6:45 even on Saturday's still cause the baby doesn't sleep much past that.

U- Underwear: Yes, I wear it!  I have all shapes and sizes-I like ones with a pattern of some sort. TMI sorry!

V - Vegetable you dislike: Brussel sprouts, spinach, beets- biggest offender PEAS!  Hate them!


W - Ways you run late: Always Sundays trying to get everyone up and ready-if there is a day everyone will sleep in and I can't it is Sunday- Satan!  I always feel rushed and frazzled no matter what time we get up and I hate being late.

X - X-rays you've had: Lungs-wrist-ankle

Y - Yummy food you make: Pumpkin Bread-Sweet Potato Casserole-Amaretto Pie -Oreo Truffles


Z - Zoo favorite: Giraffes


I tag:


Margie @ www.dustbunniesanddivas.blogspot.com/
Alexis @ withhimalltheway.blogspot.com/

Baby Mama @ ofloveandababy.blogspot.com/
By His Grace @ isabel-eli.blogspot.com/
Hopeful Housewife @ ourhopefulhome.blogspot.com/
Lynnette@lynnettekraft.blogspot.com

If you want to play along, copy the ABC categories, delete my answers, insert your own, and tag someone else. Have fun! Some of you I have never met but you were on another friends blog and I liked your site-hope you will join in and I will get to learn more about you and make a friend in the process.



No comments: