Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Oh  it feels like forever since I have posted.  We have finally finished school, dance, VBS and my mom and dad went back home to NY.   We have so much going on I felt like I haven't had any time to get to my blog.  I miss you all when I am not able to get on here and read your blogs and post on my own blog.  So I was happy to have a little time to get on here and catch up today.

We are finally settling into a summer routine and are taking swimming lessons.  God is so good-4 years ago June 5th we almost lost our Alyssa to a drowning and this summer in swim lessons she is in the highest level before Life Guard.  It is amazing to me to see her swim and I was humbled and very emotional this last session when she took her test and made it into level 4/5-to think of what happened and God's amazing grace and mercy over her life and ours brings me to tears.  It also reminds me of the many miracles I have personally witnessed in the last few years in the lives of my family members.

We are awaiting Brandon's surgery coming up in about 3 weeks.  July 10th is the day-we won't know till closer to the time when it will be that day but I would so appreciate your prayers for not only him and his body and the pain he will be in, but the Dr.'s and nurses, we are not sure all what will happen that day until they get in there, we know they have to remove the rods and screws because they are now too close to his growth plates but we won't know what they are going to have to do until they are in there and can actually see how much bone and has grown.

Two years ago his recovery was very hard, I have to be honest and say I am a little anxious about going through this all again-and if they remove the rod and just pack bone marrow in there-the rate of it breaking again especially if the cysts return once again, is very high.  He is pretty nervous about it all.  We have been able to kind of "do life as normal" this last year and now we will go back to being restricted from all physical activity again and that is hard for an 8 year old boy.

My heart is a little heavy over it all.  But, God is so good, they showed a video in church on Sunday about Scott Hamilton, and I don't know if you knew it or not but he is a Christian now.  He gave his testimony and talked about having cancer and then finding out he had a brain tumor that had been in his brain since he was a baby and that they now know caused him to only grow to be 5'4" and how they removed it and it has come back and they are treating it and how it rocked his faith and how strong his wife was and that they gave it all over to the Lord and he now is trusting Him completely to heal him.  He talked about how he knows had he not had the first tumor that he probably would have not had the wonderful life he had as a skater because he might have grown to be too tall and not been able to skate like he had.  It was amazing to watch and to hear.  I sat there thinking I wonder what God is doing in my Brandon's life, one day we may understand this side of Heaven and then again maybe not, but I do know He is in control and that makes it so much easier to face the next few months again.

I will get on my laptop and post again soon-that is where I have all my recent photos of the girls dance recital.  They had such a wonderful time and it was so neat to have my parents here to see them dance for the first time.  God is so good.

I hope and pray that you all are doing well.  Happy Summer!!!  I am so glad to be back in a schedule to check back here more often to see how you all are.

On this Pathway-
Jill

3 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Josh Hamilton has also had his ups and downs, after last season he fell and it was all over the news, which shows us all we need God and His grace, we can't make it on our own.

I will be pray for the surgery and would love to minister to you in whatever way would bless you!! I am hugging you both in my heart and prayers.

Yes, when we can get together again would be great. I am planning on taking mine to Dinosaur State Park soon...they haven't been there...and before it gets too hot...you want to join us come on??

Oh now I am convicted on swimming lessons...lack of income has stopped mine from having lessons and I always did that for the first four. Yea for you all!! God has taken what Satan meant for evil and used it for His glory.

Hugs and have a good week....we went roller skating today and out to a free concert tonight... a Celtic Rock group!?!

Kristin said...

I think of Brandon and pray for you all often. My God's peace just flood your soul, and my our brothers and sisters in Christ surround you with love and encouragment.

Trisha said...

Jill,
It's so good to hear what's going on with you. I'm praying for you and your precious family as you wait for Brandon's surgery. May you be overflowing with His peace that passes all understanding. I love you!